蒋三不 发表于 2020-8-26 05:03:22

搬运tobaccoreviews某歪果仁斗友对睡帽的评价

Today I finished my last tin of Nightcap. That was not just the last tin of NC, that was the very last Dunhill I had had in my cellar. I loved them all: Royal Yacht, Elizabethan Mixture, Durbar, Navy Rolls and, yeah, Nightcap. Oh that Nightcap... there was nothing like it (not even Peterson Balkan Delight although vaguely similar, stood close to it).

I'm still feeling the aftertaste. It's been the last Dunhill in my smoking career. Cause I won't spend ridiculous sums on vintage tins: I prefer to fund with my money not greedy ebay resellers but the good guys who are still making real tobaccos, like the Gawithes, let them live long and happy.

Well, I know, Peterson now owns a blend under the same name and produces it after the same recipe. I know also about a clone by McConnell marketed as "Nightclub" and "Covent Garden". I have little doubt that the Peterson's version won't technically differ from the Dunhill's. Nevertheless, however successful the clones are, they are just clones - and the real thing has gone forever. Because flavour and aroma, as much as they're important, still wasn't all on which the magic of Dunhill blends was built. A huge part of the appeal was the brand itself: Dunhill Pipe Tobacco belonged to the realm of luxury goods. May I ask how many luxury goods you can afford to use daily? For me, through years, it's been the one and only: Dunhill Tobaccos. From now on, when my last Dunhill is over, I use none. Peterson is a masterpiece in its own right, but it's never pretended to be a luxury brand.

Nightcap was dark, deep, velvety and spicy. Just like the black nightsky speckled with sharp-edged stars. Good night, old fellow.

7 people found this review helpful.

虽然英文不好,要借助百度翻译,但那种情绪还是挺有意思的。尤其最后一段,太感性了哈哈。奇文共赏,分享给各位斗友。

henryljh 发表于 2020-8-27 10:34:26

这种感性的段子在tobaccoreviews上太多了。
就是在感慨旧日时光,新不如旧,老生常谈。
还掺杂着对奢侈品光环的憧憬,不免令人质疑出发点,抽Dunhill的烟草就是在消费奢侈品了?

蒋三不 发表于 2020-8-28 05:23:45

倒没考虑是否政治正确,感觉更多是屌丝的自嘲的那股劲儿。
看tobaccoreviews上对Peterson版本多数还是认可的。

cjwenqi 发表于 2020-8-28 10:22:40

就目前的价格来说,抽dunhill确实是在抽奢侈品。

f88028793 发表于 2020-9-18 21:18:51

前端时间给朋友买了罐彼得森·巴尔干,朋友说出霜了,真好抽

平等觀 发表于 2020-9-22 08:22:03

D永遠是D,抽慣了D感覺P就是個P
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 搬运tobaccoreviews某歪果仁斗友对睡帽的评价